Friday, January 28, 2011

25ish Things About Me

I wrote this on January 25, 2009. I can say that this list stands true except for the part about seeing Amish people on the horizon. They left me about a year ago. In place of number 20, I am adding 25a. Also, I ran another marathon this past year making the total number four. Thankfully, I have added no more children to our family.


1. I am addicted to the following: red wine, running, coffee, and Nestle Toll House semi-sweet morsels.
2. The people I have loved throughout my life are those that make me laugh.
3. Although I think the West Coast is more beautiful, I prefer the East Coast.
4. I am politically very liberal.
5. I walked to the hospital while in labor with my third child and then carried him home 30 or so hours later. (Alright, I will admit that the hospital was just around the corner from our house, but still!!)
6. I am a COLLEGE football fan.
7. The range of emotions my children invoke is amazing.
8. I am a news junkie.
9. My favorite author is John Irving.
10. I have very few regrets but all of them involve the way I treated someone. (I wish I could go back and redo a few events...take back what I said, said what I meant to say, or just said nothing at all.)
11. I ran the Columbus Marathon three years in a row.
12. I am fortunate to be a physical therapist because I have the opportunity to help people when they most need it.
13. When I was growing up I spent summers in a two-bedroom shack in Canada. There was no phone, no TV and I bathed in the lake out front. I sold minnows to my neighbors.
14. I lived in Mexico for a semester but am still not fluent in Spanish. (would still like to be!)
15. I do love to cook but lately feel as though it is more of a chore.
16. I majored in journalism my first two years of college. I was writing about the death of a student on campus and had to call her mother...I decided to change after I realized I didn't have the stomach for that kind of work.
17. My husband inspires me to do better.
18. I like to listen to Queen when I run.
19. I still can't believe I have four children but am reminded when I wake up in the morning and someone is driving a Hotwheel on my face.
20. I moved to Memphis from a county in Ohio with a high population of Amish people. It has been about a year and a half, however, I still see a horse and black buggy coming over the horizon once in a while.
21. I loved being a waitress in college because the tip on the table always gave me instant gratification.
22. I love instant gratification. I am an impatient person but having kids is helping me to change this.
23. I am kind of a loner but hate being lonely.
24. I love gangster movies, and, of course, the Sopranos.
25. I am a work in progress.
25a. I have recently vowed to not lose touch with any good friends. So....if you, my good friend, move and think you have gotten rid of me, think again. I WILL call and possibly visit. I have lost touch with too many important people that have blessed my life and I won't let that happen anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment