Thursday, September 30, 2010

When Carbs Aren’t Enough, Good Music Can Feed a Great Run

Most Days, the sound of my footsteps combined with the noise left in my head as I leave my rambunctious household behind is all the music I need to power a good run. However, since I am currently training for a marathon, the longer distances have me wanting the company of some good tunes.
This has forced me to spend some time organizing some of my oldies but goodies into play lists. I have also discovered new artists that will hopefully energize my early-morning training runs.
Below is a list of some of my favorites. If you want to hear them, you can access the list on iTunes.  Hopefully, some of you will share your running tunes. Happy listening…..and running!
(I also had on my list "Matches to Paper Dolls" by Dessa. For some reason it would not publish on my iTunes list.)





http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewIMix?id=395844401


 Sarah's Running Tunes





Song NameArtist
We're Going to Be FriendsThe White Stripes
I Wanna Be SedatedThe Ramones
Paper PlanesM.I.A.
VeronicaElvis Costello
Slight Figure of SpeechThe Avett Brothers
How Far We've ComeMatchbox Twenty
Bad ReputationJoan Jett
Bizarre Love TriangleNew Order
Lose YourselfEminem
Best of YouFoo Fighters
Far BehindEddie Vedder
I Want to Break Free (Single Version)Queen
Head Like a HoleNine Inch Nails
Personal JesusDepeche Mode
Should I Stay or Should I GoThe Clash
Smells Like Teen SpiritNirvana
Thunder RoadBruce Springsteen
StopJane's Addiction
Dogs of LustThe The
Poprocks and CokeGreen Day
Close to MeThe Cure
1979Smashing Pumpkins
GirlBeck
I Gotta FeelingThe Black Eyed Peas



You can access and listen to my list by clicking here:

No comments:

Post a Comment